Understanding the Law of Attraction
In terms of metaphysics, the Law of Attraction says, "Likes Attract Likes". It relates to our thoughts and means that positive thoughts attract positivity while negative thoughts beget negativity. It is practiced by the students of mind power to achieve goals in life. The introduction of this law in metaphysics in its present shape and application for manifestation sounds new but actually this law has existed and continues to exist ever since the creation of the universe. In this article, I have very briefly tried to explain the basis and how the law works.
When we are awake, our conscious mind continuously keeps generating thoughts, which are accepted by the subconscious mind as they are. Since the subconscious mind does not rationalize, sift or interpret, the thoughts are accepted without alteration. If the thoughts are negative, the outcome will be negative while positive thoughts bring about positive results. If you can understand this phenomenon, you would know why a person is happy or in trouble. Obviously, no one wants to be in trouble but still gets it due to his negative thought pattern. Apparently, a person might be positive but his actual motives might not be so. Not many realize that one may deceive the conscious mind but cannot deceive the subconscious mind. The result will be according to our thoughts whether we like it or not. That is the law of attraction. We reap what we sow in our subconscious mind and that is why in most cases, we are responsible for whatever happens to us in life.
For a particular goal, the law works when correctly applied using particular techniques exactly like a seed will only grow under suitable conditions. Its correct and realistic application gives tremendous results.
For example, if you are manifesting for a particular job and want to apply for that, you have to first meet its requirements like qualification, experience, age limit and medical fitness etc. Meeting the requirements is like preparing suitable conditions to sow the seed and applying for a job is like sowing the seed itself. Let us see few examples:
- If you wish to have money in abundance, there must be some kind of source like a business, a job or something to act like the spring board for you. The source might be very small but it must exist. With regular practice of the law of attraction, the source of flow of money to you will be created by the universal forces and you will then have abundant. In exceptional cases, the money might come from an unexpected or unknown source.
- Likewise, unless you own a lottery ticket, you cannot expect to get a prize. Application of the law of attraction in such a case would create the circumstances where you will first own a lottery ticket to be eligible for the prize. That is how the law works.
- Improvement of health is yet another case for which you only need to apply the law and do nothing else.
There are many, many other factors that govern our lives, what we get and how we perform. Individual capabilities, consistency of effort, conflicting desires, way of thinking, behavior, conduct, intentions and destiny are few among those factors that make the law of attraction work or otherwise. For example:
- A person who is consistent and hard working is likely to take the lead over a person who does not work regularly or attentively.
- Capabilities of all the human beings are not the same. Apart from other individual capabilities, if two persons are practicing the law of attraction, the one doing it better will get better results.
- Destiny plays a very vital role. If two persons meet the requirements of a particular job equally well, the one destined to get it will get it.
- In case of conflicting desires, the one generating stronger energy (having stronger desire) is likely to be victorious.
Before practicing the law, it is important to understand how the law works followed by regular practice, which is the most essential requirement.